Here are our top 5 tips for garden productivity this May:
- Dahlias and corms of gladiolus should be planted where they are intended to flower.
- Summer bedding flowers, such as petunias and verbenas can be planted up.
- This warm moist weather brings slugs and snails, so be mindful and remove offending creatures.
- Ensure that your bedding plants are well spaced out to maximise blooms in summer.
- There is still time to sow resistant annual flowers for a spot of colour around your garden later on in the year.
For more top tips on optimising your garden this year visit www.monkeypuzzle.ie or call 01 289 7751